HANSEL & GRETEL IS TOURING!
Hansel & Gretel – A Fearless Dance Adventure!
The classic fairy tale Hansel & Gretel gets a dance makeover, Uchenna style!
This contemporary retelling of the classic fairy tale finds our two young heroes lost in a big city, overwhelmed by the sights, sounds and smells. Together the brave duo must outwit the adults to find their way back to their family in a show where kids are number one!
Vicki Igbokwe, choreographer and founder of Uchenna Dance (The Head Wrap Diaries, Our Mighty Groove), puts her unique twist on this well-known tale, weaving New York club styles of House, Waacking and Vogue, with African and Contemporary dance, in a show that will delight the whole family.
Expect to groove in your seat as you are transported to a world far from yours with some surprising similarities.
With an exciting original musical score by Ghanaian composer Kweku Aacht, the production is written by Gbolahan Obisesan, set and costume design by Lucy Sierra, lighting design by James Mackenzie and assistant choreography by Ingrid Mackinnon.
SEE BELOW TO
BOOK tickets for your nearest venue
DOWNLOAD the Tour & Marketing Pack
DOWNLOAD the Learning & Participation Pack
PURCHASE the HANSEL & GRETEL EXCLUSIVE album
And stay up to date with us
JOIN the conversation on social media using #uchennadoes #hanselandgretel #dancemakeover #uchennastyle
BOOK THE SHOW/WORKSHOP
Would you like to book the show for your venue or event?
1) Download the Tour & Marketing Pack.
2) Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with HANSEL & GRETEL POTENTIAL BOOKING in the subject title.
3) We will be in touch to discuss your needs.
HANSEL & GRETEL
Suitability: Family Show (for ages 5+)
Presented by Uchenna Dance & The Place. Co-commissioned by The Place, DanceEast, Rural Touring Dance Initiative and Strike a Light. Supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.
Director and Choreographer – Vicki Igbokwe
Writer – Gbolahan Obesisan
Assistant Choreographer & Rehearsal Director – Ingrid Mackinnon
Set & Costume Design – Lucy Sierra
Composer & Sound Designer – Kweku Aacht
Production Manager – Anthony ‘Oz’ Osbourne
Lighting Designer – James Mackenzie
Costume Supervisor – Cristiano Casimiro
Touring Nov/Dec 2018 and throughout the UK in 2019
- Bernie Grant Arts Centre, London: Fri 23 – Sat 24 Nov 2018
- DanceXchange, Birmingham: Fri 30 Nov – Sat 1 Dec 2018
- The Place, London: Sat 15 Dec – Mon 24 Dec 2018
- Newhampton Arts Centre, Wolverhampton: Fri 1 Feb 2019
- Quarterhouse, Folkestone: Fri 8 – Sat 9 Feb 2019
- Cambridge Junction, Cambridge: Sun 10 Feb 2019
- The Egg, Bath: Wed 20 – Sat 23 Feb 2019
- Strike A Light Festival, Gloucester: Fri 22nd Mar 2019
Watch this space for more dates through the Rural Touring Dance Initiative.